Selsey Community Cinema
Selsey Community Cinema is held in The Selsey Centre and shows a variety of new and old titles to save you the journey into Chichester or beyond. With a pay bar available selling hot, cold and alcoholic drinks as well as sweets and treats and all tickets £5.00 or under, it's definitely worth an evening out.
These Terms and Conditions set out the basis on which you purchase Selsey Community Cinema tickets from Selsey Town Council or its agent, Ticket Source.
1. Selsey Community Cinema is run by Selsey Town Council.
2. The purchase price of a Selsey Community Cinema Ticket is £5 per person. The Town Council reserves the right to increase the price annually.
3. Discounted £3 tickets for children are available for matinees in the school holidays but they must be accompanied by an adult also paying the discounted price (see paragraph 12 for age appropriate film ratings).
4. Tickets may be purchased ‘at the door’ at the Selsey Centre up to 15 minutes before the start of the film (see 6 below) and subject to availability.
5. Tickets may be purchased in advance at:
a. The Town Hall with payment by cash only
b. The Selsey Centre with payment by cash or credit/debit card
c. Online at Ticket Source - www.ticketsource.co.uk/selseycinemaclub.
6. For advanced purchases made at the Town Hall or the Selsey Centre, staff will ask for a contact name, phone number, and if available email address, in case there is a need to cancel or postpone the showing (see 8 and 9 below)
8. Doors open half an hour before the showing. If you arrive late, you may not be allowed entry if it is likely to disrupt the enjoyment of the film for others. The decision of Selsey Town Council staff or volunteers on this matter is final.
9. Refunds and transfers to another film are NOT available if your circumstances change and you cannot see the film on the date of the showing.
10. In the event Selsey Town Council needs either to cancel the film or postpone the showing to a new date:
a. Staff will endeavour to phone each contact to advise them of this but there can be no guarantee of this, especially at short notice.
b. You will have a choice of
i. a refund by cheque of (all) the ticket(s) you purchased for that film OR
ii. a SINGLE transfer of (all) the ticket(s) you purchased to either the new date of a postponed film OR to a new film.
12. British Board of Film Classification Ratings are as follows:
U - The film intended for everyone ages 3 years old and above. This means that all content within this category is suitable for universal viewing by any member of the public.
PG - Parental Guidance Suggested – The film or programme may contain mild bad language or references to sex or drug use; however, there are no detailed descriptions of these things that would scare young children.
12 - Films with a 12 rating may have some mild violence, sex or drug use and will be suitable for young teenagers.
12A - Films are suitable for children aged 12 and over, but not younger. To watch a 12A film, you must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
15 - 15 is a rating given to films that are considered to be unsuitable for viewing by persons below the age of 15 years.
The 15 certificate is used for moderate horror, drug use, bad language, violence, and sex references.
18 - This is the rating given to a film that contains material unsuitable for viewing by people under the age of 18. These films may contain one or more of the following:
Sexually explicit, crude, or abusive language,
Violence and/or horror,
Drug misuse, smoking, and drinking
13. Videoing the film is strictly prohibited. Anyone found doing so will be asked to leave. Mobile devices must be switched off during the film.14.Smoking is prohibited in the Selsey Centre.15.Food and drink may not be consumed in the building unless purchased at the bar or from the Centre’s vending machine.16.A bar will usually be available before the start of the showing and during the interval, selling a limited range of alcoholic and soft drinks. Staff will ask for identification for anyone who appears to be under 25 if they are purchasing alcohol. Alcohol MUST NOT be purchased for anyone under 18. Anyone trying to do so will be asked to leave the Selsey Centre and the police may be informed.
Adopted 15 March 2023